[daip] [!VVG-914-96399]: aips - TYAPL with CUTOFF

Eric Greisen do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Aug 23 18:52:00 EDT 2013

Eric Greisen updated #VVG-914-96399
-----------------------------------

                 Due: - Cleared - (was: 20 August 2013 08:15 PM)

TYAPL with CUTOFF
-----------------

           Ticket ID: VVG-914-96399
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 August 2013 09:02 PM
             Updated: 23 August 2013 10:51 PM
      Resolution Due: 17 August 2013 09:02 PM

I don't know why you say REWAY is not likely to be useful.  I think
it could do useful things, but it is sometimes hard to get it to find
what you need without adding too much variability into the
data weights.  It has lots of options since the "correct" thing to do is
not so obvious.

WTMOD with ANTWT=0 (no abs weight change) and NOISE set to be 1
for good antennas and some factor (e.g. 1/50 deg K) for each bad antenna
should adjust the weights somewhat.  REWAY at least looks at the data
while this assumes a system temperature which we failed to measure.