[daip] [!VVG-914-96399]: aips - TYAPL with CUTOFF

National Radio Astronomy Observatory do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 19 16:15:27 EDT 2013

Heidi Medlin updated #VVG-914-96399
-----------------------------------

       Staff (Owner): Eric Greisen (was: -- Unassigned --)

TYAPL with CUTOFF
-----------------

           Ticket ID: VVG-914-96399
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 August 2013 03:02 PM
             Updated: 15 August 2013 03:02 PM
                 Due: 20 August 2013 02:15 PM (1d 0h 0m)
      Resolution Due: 17 August 2013 03:02 PM

I have several EVLA data sets taken close in time where the Sys Power values for 3 antennas always appear to be bad, but the visibility data look to be okay. I have been experimenting with salvaging these antennas using the "CUTOFF" option in TYAPL.

I run FRING followed by TYAPL where it passes through the 3 "bad" antennas. Next, after running BPASS and CALIB and applying all calibrations to the resulting TYAPL data, the amplitudes/phases on baselines involving the "salvaged" antennas look fine, but their weights are clearly not correct (they appear low by several orders of magnitude).

Is there a means to produce sensible weights when using this "CUTOFF" option? I looked at REWAY, but it doesn't look to be appropriate for this situation.

Thanks,
Lynn Matthews