[daip] [!VVG-914-96399]: aips - TYAPL with CUTOFF

Lynn D Matthews do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Sat Aug 24 15:09:30 EDT 2013

Lynn D Matthews updated #VVG-914-96399
--------------------------------------

TYAPL with CUTOFF
-----------------

           Ticket ID: VVG-914-96399
      Template Group: Default
             Created: 15 August 2013 09:02 PM
             Updated: 24 August 2013 07:09 PM
      Resolution Due: 17 August 2013 09:02 PM

My understanding was that the weights computed from the SY table are the best ones to use---if one can get them. So my concern about REWAY is that since it operates on all the of data, these "good" weights would no longer be optimally determined.

It was also not clear to me in this situation whether one should opt to use or ignore the input weights in REWAY. It seems wrong to apply them, since they are highly disparate for the "good" and "bad" baselines. On the other hand, if one ignores them, this seems akin to having not used the SY table information at all.

I hadn't known about WTMOD. I will play with that a bit. It has the disadvantage that you mentioned, although it would make it straightforward to state what has been done to the data.

Thanks,
Lynn