[daip] New Client Reply - [!DHN-920083]: AIPS EDITR not subtracting running average?

Carl A Melis do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 26 13:17:55 EDT 2013

New Client Reply: AIPS EDITR not subtracting running average?

Eric,

I have tried what you suggested. I attach outputs of UVPLT for 31DEC10 and 31DEC13. They resemble the EDITR output. I then used FITAB to write out the calibrated 31DEC10 dataset and loaded it into the 31DEC13 version of AIPS. I attempted plot generation using both of EDITR and UVPLT, but to no avail. Both failed on the calibrated 31DEC10 dataset claiming that they could not find any data and that there are problems with the UV data.

After this failure, I checked the 31DEC10-calibrated file against the 31DEC13 file in other ways. Various low level tables (TY, NX) returned information fine (identical between the two datasets). I then ran SNPLT on both to check the final SN and CL tables. The final SN table version appeared identical between the two datasets. The final CL tables looked quite different, though. I attach a screengrab of the 31DEC10-calibrated dataset as plotted by 31DEC13. For some reason I can't attach more then 3 files, so I will submit this and send another ticket with the final plot and discussion.

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: DHN-920083
Department: AIPS Data Processing