[daip] COMB OPCODE="POLC" not working.

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 4 11:54:45 EDT 2013

R. Craig Walker wrote:
> It appears that COMB with OPCODE='POLC' produces identical output to
> what it gives with OPCODE='POLI'.  The history indicates it should be
> different, but the images don't show the corrections.  I asked Rick
> Perley if he had been using COMB with POLC and he immediately said
> it doesn't work, confirming what I see.  He had not reported it yet.
>
> While preparing this message, I also had a problem with IMEAN in version
> NEW claiming to have a file open error, but otherwise working - reported
> below.

I have corrected COMB - it got into trouble when I realized that it was
combining images in Jy/beam without making sure the /beam was the same
for each image.  A clean beam area correction was applied to your BPARM
values making them near zero rather than what you actually needed.  I
now fix the BPARMS with the CB multiplier for the 2nd value but force
the CB multipliers of the images not being read to be 1.0.  It should
work in NEW now and in TST tomorrow.

I can't see anything in IMEAN that could cause it to try to open its
output text file when the name is all blank.  NEW and TST did not
differ.  Nonetheless, I fixed the TST version to eliminate non-printable
characters in the output file name just in case (although GO already
checks that).