[daip] Flagging clean components

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 31 13:25:51 EDT 2012

Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi. I flagged some clean components using TAFLG, but it seems that the
> resulting CC table cannot be read by CCNTR or UVSUB. Both complain that
> there are no clean components in the resulting file:
>
> localh> CCNTR1: Task CCNTR  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> localh> CCNTR1: Start drawing Clean components
> localh> CCNTR1: IO ERROR    0 IN CC TABLE FILE
> localh> CCNTR1: End labeling, start contouring
> localh> CCNTR1: Start contouring
> localh> CCNTR1: Appears to have ended successfully
>
> localh> UVSUB1: Task UVSUB  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> localh> UVSUB1: You are using a non-standard program
> localh> UVSUB1: SETGDS: imaging done with reprojected tangent point(s)
> localh> UVSUB1: Using images for the source model
> localh> UVSUB1: YOU ARE USING A CLEAN IMAGE FOR A MODEL
> localh> UVSUB1: THIS SHOULD NOT MATCH THE DATA AT ALL WELL
I have put back a corrected CCNTR - it will be available in tomorrow's MNJ.

I tested UVSUB and it seemed happy with various edited CC tables so I
continue to suspect that something else is happening there.  (It is a
much more heavily used region of the code than CCNTR and so would have
had bugs like this ironed out.)