[daip] Flagging clean components

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu May 31 12:07:51 EDT 2012

Andy Biggs wrote:
> Hi. I flagged some clean components using TAFLG, but it seems that the
> resulting CC table cannot be read by CCNTR or UVSUB. Both complain that
> there are no clean components in the resulting file:
>
> localh> CCNTR1: Task CCNTR  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> localh> CCNTR1: Start drawing Clean components
> localh> CCNTR1: IO ERROR    0 IN CC TABLE FILE
> localh> CCNTR1: End labeling, start contouring
> localh> CCNTR1: Start contouring
> localh> CCNTR1: Appears to have ended successfully
>
> localh> UVSUB1: Task UVSUB  (release of 31DEC12) begins
> localh> UVSUB1: You are using a non-standard program
> localh> UVSUB1: SETGDS: imaging done with reprojected tangent point(s)
> localh> UVSUB1: Using images for the source model
> localh> UVSUB1: YOU ARE USING A CLEAN IMAGE FOR A MODEL
> localh> UVSUB1: THIS SHOULD NOT MATCH THE DATA AT ALL WELL
>
> Is this known behaviour? I see from using TBOUT that the flagged rows have
> negative row numbers.

It is true that not all tasks handle flagged table rows correctly - i
forget sometimes and others in the group never knew about this apparently.

CCNTR is a case in point and I will fix it.

UVSUB however has gone wrong in SETGDS which opens the CC file to see
how many rows it has but does not read it and so cannot get into the
confusion that some rows are flagged.  What are your inputs to UVSUB?
BCOMP and NCOMP matter perhaps causing SETGDS to conclude that there are
no CC component.

The negative row number is something TBOUT uses to tell TBIN to keep the
row as flagged.