[daip] Problem in task RM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 7 16:21:58 EDT 2012

Sayali Avachat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing some problem in AIPS, with task RM. When I used it yesterday
> evening, it worked just fine, but today its hanging up on me as if its
> going into infinite loop. Whenever I am running it, it just sits there
> and does not finish the task it at all.
> My guess is its going into some sort of infinite loop.
> Can you please check this?
>
> Thank you, so much
> --
> Sayali S Avachat
> PhD Candidate
> Department of Physics and Space Sciences
> Florida Institute of Technology
> savachat2008 at my.fit.edu <mailto:savachat2008 at my.fit.edu>

Thanks for the full set of images.

Your MCUBE/TRANS image had only 2 valid frequencies, the second
frequency was entirely blanked.  This led RM to put out an all blanked
image.  There was also a FORMAT error in the history file that led the
64-bit Intel version to abort and may have caused the issue with your
usage also.

MCUBE is not the way to do this since your frequencies are not evenly
distributed.  Use task FQUBE (no axdefine needed).  RM in principle
reads the FQ table of an FQUBE output (after TRANS) and gets good
results.  There is an error in the version of RM that you have (assuming
you are running version 31DEC12).  Its call to read the FQ table was not
modernized when it should have been.  I will put that fix back today and
a MNJ tomorrow will update your version.