[daip] Problem in task RM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Aug 9 13:51:20 EDT 2012

Sayali Avachat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your help. I am running AIPS 31DEC11 version.
> I tried using the FQUBE instead of MCUBE which gave me some sensible
> results. But its still not what I expect, so I am not sure, if whatever
> I am doing is right. I am inputting BPARM(1),(2),(4) and (5) in COMB
> with OPCODE POLA while making position angle maps. And using these
> clipped maps in FQUBE/ MCUBE etc.
> Is that the right way?

Yes - it helps if the images are at the same spatial resolution.
Otherwise the highest frequency image will have the smallest area of
good pixels and that will limit the area found by RM.  The bug I fixed
in FQUBE was a 31DEC12 only type of bug so 31DEC11 should actually work
without a MNJ.  RM images often are only in limit areas - the few sight
lines with adequate signal to determine polarization angles at a wide
range of frequencies.