[daip] Problem in task RM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Aug 7 13:20:10 EDT 2012

Sayali Avachat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing some problem in AIPS, with task RM. When I used it yesterday
> evening, it worked just fine, but today its hanging up on me as if its
> going into infinite loop. Whenever I am running it, it just sits there
> and does not finish the task it at all.
> My guess is its going into some sort of infinite loop.

The source code of RM changed last in 2009.  It was relinked July 26,
2012 to allow for a larger upper limit to some parameters.  It did not
change between yesterday and today.

I could test it but I will need to have your images and your input
adverbs and also be told what "architecture" your machine is (LINUX,
LNX64, MACINT, or ??).  I can fetch the images via anonymous ftp if you
make them available as FITS files with FITTP in a suitable location.