[daip] obit and aips

Eric Greisen egreisen at NRAO.EDU
Thu Sep 8 10:28:20 EDT 2011

Jacqueline van Gorkom wrote:
>  Hi Eric,
>
>    my experience in July with running BDF2AIPS  was great.   I decided I
> will probably process the entire pilot for an HI deep field in aips
> after all.
>
> So now I have a question for you. We need to install obit,
> is that available from Bill or from Socorro somewhere, also is there a
> special
> version of AIPS we should install. We had the Dec 11 version but my
> computer died and we need to do a new install.
>
> Any suggestions you have will be very welcome.
> Thanks
> Jacqueline

Great!

OBIT is available from Bill - go look at his web site
   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~bcotton/
which will probably contain full instructions plus a memo series etc
etc.  Otherwise he is himself happy to provide advice.

The regular 31DEC11 version is what you want.  BDFLIST, BDF2AIPS, and if
you are bold, OBITMAP, OBITIMAG, OBITSCAL, and OBITPEEL are Bill's
version of IMAGR plus self call and peeling.  For Multi-scale I think
AIPS works better but he has good ideas not in aips.

Eric