[daip] Fittp/Fitld impact on indxr

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jul 6 11:59:49 EDT 2011

Arnaud Collioud wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> Sorry for the late answer!
>
>> Your first question:
>>
>> 1. FITLD has an adverb DOUVCOMP which you set to zero so it did not do compressed data.  That should not be a problem except the file is larger.
>
> Ok.
>
>> 2. The antenna file issue is more serious and INDXR may be more vulnerable to issues with it than most tasks.  Can you do a PRTAB on the AN file(s) to a text file and e-mail them to me?  It is clear that the (new) code thinks it recognizes 3 of the antennas in the file and thinks that they are using different conventions for the handedness of the coordinates.  I will need to see the full details which PRTAB will show me.  Perhaps the code does not really know about the array or antennas you are using....
>
> I attached the 2 AN tables (AN_DEC07.TXT and AN_DEC11.TXT). I used prtab with NDIG = 4. When running 'diff' on the 2 files, I only have differences like:
>
> 38c38
> <        1                                                                                                    1.512562E-41
> ---
>>        1                                                                                                    0.000000E+00
>
> Is this significant to disturb INDXR ?

No - it is the change in PRTAB between the 2 versions (NDIG probably was
not in 07).

There are very many things wrong with your AN table.  Two keywords,
NUMORB and NOPCAL, have very wrong values.  When the AN table is copied
by AN knowledgeable subroutines, these insanely large values will make
columns containing an insanely large number of values.  Other things are
wrong also - many antennas are located at the center of the Earth, you
have new names for many antennas so almost none were recognized by a
subroutine that knows 58 station identifications, and the thing that
causes the full collapse is that there are short integer valued columns
(I suspect).  I should look at FITLD to see if it can fix that on
reading a file...

Two questions - did you use 31DEC11 FITLD to read the file?  What
correlator is producing these data?