[daip] problems with RLDLY

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jan 18 10:27:29 EST 2011

Matt Lister wrote:
> Thanks Eric, I'll give RLDIF a try.  In the mean time I used the old
> CRSFRING.  It looks like the text of 9.4.8.14 of the cookbook should be
> updated at some point, as right now it makes no mention of RLDIF, and
> claims that after running RLDLY the phases should be flat across the
> full bandpass.  (btw, we can't use PCAL since at 512 mbps with our setup
> there aren't enough pulse cal tone generators for all the IFs).

I am in the process of changing RLDLY to correct phase as well as
delay.  That should fix things for your case.  It does not for the eVLA
case where IFs 1-8 get 1 RLDLY solution and IFs 9-16 get another but the
IFs have all had separate CALIB solutions and so are not phase aligned.

PCAL is a polarization solution task and has nothing to do with pulse
cal tones.  RLDIF is only meaningful if there are polarization D term
solutions.