[daip] AIPS - CALIB - additional question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 21 11:08:45 EDT 2011

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I would like to calibrate some of my data using a list of sources (no cc
> components) in a field of ~ 1deg. Would it be possible to allow  SMODEL
> in CALIB to accept more than 1 source (e.g. 50 or even more)? Or do you
> see another way how I could do that.
>
> And another question (sorry for that): Is there a task that can produce
> dummy (e.g. 1 entry) table of all kinds. The reason for this is that I
> would like to pass some metadata to the data.

1. Short answer - no.  Changing the array to be an arbitrary size (and
dealing with 3D geometry issues) etc will be too hard.  The task FACES
may be what you need.

2. Again NO.  What do you even mean by "metadata" and by "pass".  The
verb HINOTE allows additions to the history file which is passed around
in FITS files.