[daip] AIPS - CALIB - additional question

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 11:49:55 EDT 2011

On 21 Apr 2011, at 17:08, Eric Greisen wrote:

> Hans-Rainer Kloeckner wrote:
>> Hi Eric, I would like to calibrate some of my data using a list of sources (no cc components) in a field of ~ 1deg. Would it be possible to allow  SMODEL in CALIB to accept more than 1 source (e.g. 50 or even more)? Or do you see another way how I could do that.
>>  And another question (sorry for that): Is there a task that can produce dummy (e.g. 1 entry) table of all kinds. The reason for this is that I would like to pass some metadata to the data.
>
> 1. Short answer - no.  Changing the array to be an arbitrary size (and dealing with 3D geometry issues) etc will be too hard.  The task FACES
> may be what you need.
>
> 2. Again NO.  What do you even mean by "metadata" and by "pass".  The verb HINOTE allows additions to the history file which is passed around in FITS files.

Ok I was not to specific. I would like to test a different way of calibration and I would like to generate an SN table which I would like to fill
with the real and imaginary values. Currently I use CALIB to generate such a table, but for more complicated things (for which calib might fall over and does not generate a SN table) I'm in the dark. But if there is not such a task I will stick to the solution I have already.

cheers and thanks for the reply

Hans

> Eric Greisen

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner
University of Oxford
Denys Wilkinson Building
Keble Road
Oxford OX1 3RH
United Kingdom
+44 (0)1865 273303
hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
Auf dem Huegel 69
53121 Bonn
Germany
+49 (0)228 525-481