[daip] PDVER issues

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Sep 9 12:09:44 EDT 2010

John M. Cannon wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have run into issues apparently arising from the addition of the new
> adverb PDVER.  I am running 31DEC10 AIPS on Mac OSX 10.5.8.  According
> to the files in /AIPS/31DEC10/MACINT/UPDATE, on September 8 and 9 there
> have been changes to various tasks to include this adverb.
>
> By way of example, yesterday (Septemer 8) I was able to successfully use
> LISTR.  Today, giving the same inputs, I get the following error message:
>
> localh> LISTR1: Task LISTR  (release of 31DEC10) begins
> localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
> localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2:
> localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     10
> localh> LISTR1: ZERROR: ON FILE
> localh> LISTR1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 10 (No child processes)
> localh> LISTR1: LPOPEN: ZTXOPN RETURNS ERROR    6
> localh> LISTR1: LSTRIN: ERROR   6 OPENING OUTPUT 'PRINT' DEVICE
> localh> LISTR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> localh> LISTR1: localhost    31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0
>
> Similarly with POSSM, which executed normally before but now fails:
>
> localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
> localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2:
> localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     10
> localh> POSSM1: ZERROR: ON FILE
> localh> POSSM1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 10 (No child processes)
> localh> POSSM1: POSSPL: ERROR   6 RECEIVED FROM ZTXOPN
> localh> POSSM1: ZTXCLS: LUN = 10 ALREADY CLOSED IN FTAB ON SEARCH
> localh> POSSM1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
> localh> POSSM1: localhos 31DEC10 TST: Cpu=      0.1  Real=      0
> IO=       200
>
> AIPS had suggested 'compress' or 'help noadverb'.  I have run the
> commands 'compress', 'run newparms', and 'restore 0', but none seem to
> alleviate the issue.  Each time I attempt a process (e.g., LISTR,
> POSSM), it fails and leaves the input multisource uv database with READ
> status.  Clearing this status and trying again gives the same results.
>
> How can I fix this?  Thanks for your help -

Have you looked at your inputs after this change?  Using a TGET from the
day before the update will cause all adverb values to be pushed down one
in the list.   This will then put invalid values in both OUTPRINT in
LISTR and OUTTEXT in POSSM.  I am surprised that GO worked since I would
expect the values in OUTTEXT/OUTPRINT not to be valid characters and GO
tests for that.