[daip] PDVER issues

John M. Cannon jcannon at macalester.edu
Thu Sep 9 11:53:57 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have run into issues apparently arising from the addition of the new
adverb PDVER.  I am running 31DEC10 AIPS on Mac OSX 10.5.8.  According to
the files in /AIPS/31DEC10/MACINT/UPDATE, on September 8 and 9 there have
been changes to various tasks to include this adverb.

By way of example, yesterday (Septemer 8) I was able to successfully use
LISTR.  Today, giving the same inputs, I get the following error message:

localh> LISTR1: Task LISTR  (release of 31DEC10) begins
localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2:
localh> LISTR1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     10
localh> LISTR1: ZERROR: ON FILE
localh> LISTR1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 10 (No child processes)
localh> LISTR1: LPOPEN: ZTXOPN RETURNS ERROR    6
localh> LISTR1: LSTRIN: ERROR   6 OPENING OUTPUT 'PRINT' DEVICE
localh> LISTR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> LISTR1: localhost    31DEC10 TST: Cpu=       0.0  Real=       0

Similarly with POSSM, which executed normally before but now fails:

localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2: using translated file name =
localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2:
localh> POSSM1: ZTXOP2: FORTRAN OPEN ERROR =     10
localh> POSSM1: ZERROR: ON FILE
localh> POSSM1: ZERROR: IN ZTXOP2 ERRNO = 10 (No child processes)
localh> POSSM1: POSSPL: ERROR   6 RECEIVED FROM ZTXOPN
localh> POSSM1: ZTXCLS: LUN = 10 ALREADY CLOSED IN FTAB ON SEARCH
localh> POSSM1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes
localh> POSSM1: localhos 31DEC10 TST: Cpu=      0.1  Real=      0  IO=
200

AIPS had suggested 'compress' or 'help noadverb'.  I have run the commands
'compress', 'run newparms', and 'restore 0', but none seem to alleviate the
issue.  Each time I attempt a process (e.g., LISTR, POSSM), it fails and
leaves the input multisource uv database with READ status.  Clearing this
status and trying again gives the same results.

How can I fix this?  Thanks for your help -
John
--
John M. Cannon
Macalester Astronomy