[daip] IMAGR noise images

Eric W Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Oct 15 10:58:52 EDT 2010

Hans-Rainer Kloeckner wrote:
> Dear Eric et al.,
>
>     sorry again for bothering, is there an option to obtain in imagr
> the "cleaned" noise floor without the sources added back onto the
> image, but an attached CC table? The reason for this question is that
> we would like to generate a very large survey from several pointing
> and we would like to add the sources back with an optional synthesized
> beam size. Or do you see  a way to bootstrap this ?
>
> cheers,
>
> Hans

> Hans-Rainer Kloeckner
> University of Oxford
> Denys Wilkinson Building
> Keble Road
> Oxford OX1 3RH
> United Kingdom
> +44 (0)1865 273303
> hrk at astro.ox.ac.uk
> Max-Planck-Institut fuer Radioastronomie
> Auf dem Huegel 69
> 53121 Bonn
> Germany
> +49 (0)228 525-481
> hrk at mpifr-bonn.mpg.de

There are 2 approaches - if you set BMAJ < 0, IMAGR will leave you with
a residual image
plus the CC file.  There is also the task CCRES which will let you
remove one set of CCs
and put in another - e.g. to change the resolution.  IMAGR can always be
restarted and told
to make a residual or normal image almost immediately after the restart
as well.  CCRES
may not play well with multi-scale imaging.