[daip] AIPS help

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Jul 6 19:02:21 EDT 2010

Rane, Akshaya A wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you for the quick reply. I had set uvrange=0 in TVFLG. I assumed that when I sort by length, the x-axis scale would be linear. This is the reason why I could see amplitudes higher than 20 Jy in the later region of TVFLG display. But when I set uvrange=4 9, I don't see any amplitudes higher than 20 Jy.

That explains a number of things.  TVFLG does not sort the data strictly
in UV length order since it wants to keep the same baseline in the same
vertical column.  It uses some measure of the separation of the antennas
and does not account for baseline foreshortening.  Also it has no units
on the display so you cannot be certain what lengths are where.  the
adverb is most important to set an absolute limit.

Thanks for letting me clear this ticket.