[daip] New Client Reply - [!PHW-838284]: CLCOR versions

C. M. Violette Impellizzeri do-not-reply at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 22 12:05:10 EDT 2010

New Client Reply: CLCOR versions

Hi Eric,

I am a little confused now. You say it will improve the accuracy of the VLBA by a modest amount, but also that it will create severe errors for VLBA?

The CL tables look very different after running CLCOR with two versions. The phases in the old versions wrap much faster - plus I have now solutions also for antenna one (I see now why it is BR of all antennas). I checked in the antenna table, and indeed when I use the new version I see XYZHAND = 'RIGHT, so that was the problem.

If I understand this right, using the new version of CLCOR is _not_ appropriate for VLBA datasets? Should this not be pointed out somewhere - as it does have quite an impact on the positions of the sources - it would be good to know which one I can trust.

Thanks again, Violetta

Ticket Details
Ticket ID: PHW-838284
Department: AIPS Data Processing