[daip] TGET fails on fresh install

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:15:38 EST 2009

Adam Deller wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed 31DEC08 AIPS on the MACINT architecture and it seems to
> be working ok.  However, I can't get TGET to work.  When I type eg "tget
> fitld", I get the error:
>
> AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:TGD0B4000.002;      NOT FOUND
> AIPS 1: YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO FILES OF TYPE TG VERSION  0 OPEN ERR      2
>
> typing task 'fitld' works fine.  Any ideas on what I should do to see if
> this TG file actually exists or create it?

If it is a fresh data area #1 for any particular user then there will be
no TGET files until that user does a TPUT or GO, at which time the file
will be created.  Of course, a TGET YYY will also fail if that user  has
not done a TPUT or GO for YYY as yet.

The verb TGINDEX will show what tasks/verbs may be TGETed.

ERic Greisen