[daip] question on IMAGR

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Feb 23 18:28:54 EST 2009

Patrick Palmer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have made a cube cleaned very lightly.  Now I want to go back and
> clean channels with strong lines more.  I am confused about how to
> specify the channel range.
>
> At first I thought I should set bchan and echan to cover the range I
> wanted to improve.  But, then I looked at CHANNEL:  if that is correct
> one to use to specify where start to clean more, then how do you specify
> a range?
>
> What I am trying to do is to specify clean boxes for a few channels at a
> time, and then clean more as appropriate.

I tend to use a new output image file and then MCUBE to put the
resultant planes back into the full cube.  I think with a full large
cube you need to set bchan and echan as you did at first and then start
with CHANNEL but it will go up to echan then.  Perhaps you can set echan
to a lower number than initially and it will stop there.  Try it...