[daip] install

Yoshiaki Hagiwara yoshiaki.hagiwara at nao.ac.jp
Sun Feb 8 20:25:16 EST 2009

The machine I'm trying to install AIPS is
Mac Power book G4 with OS X 10.5.
When I compiled source files of AIPS DEC03 version to this
machine (OSX 10.3) before, there was no problem, but I cannot do it
for the latest AIPS version. I don't know why.

>cd $AIPS_ROOT
>for tcsh) or   . LOGIN.SH  for bash shell
>$CDTST
>cd $LOAD
>ls                  (there should be ~400 files)

Of course, I've done this before I start "aips"
, found 463 files in LOAD.

What I tried so far is the just binary install
with the command of perl ./install -n.
I repeated the installation many times but
AipsWiz stops installing, after putting
Enter command MAKE.BMNJ - put it.

Cheers,
Hagi