[daip] install

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Feb 6 18:30:37 EST 2009

Yoshiaki Hagiwara wrote:
> Dear AIPS manager,
>
> I'm trying a binary install to my machine running on the MacOSX
> but the install wizard stops at this stage below.
> It is relevant to midnight job that I don't need to install.
> Do you have any idea how to sort this out ?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Hagi
>

> AipsWiz: This will generate a fair bit of output.
> AIPS_VERSION=/opt/aips/31DEC09
> MAKE.BMNJ - Moving to /opt/aips/31DEC09/MACPPC/UPDATE
> MAKE.BMNJ - The MNJ now uses cvs (http://www.cvshome.org) for updates;
> MAKE.BMNJ - looking to see if I can find a copy of it....
> MAKE.BMNJ - I cannot seem to find it, either it is not here or it is
> MAKE.BMNJ - here, but it is installed in a place that is not in your
> MAKE.BMNJ - search path. If it is not here, you should install it and
> MAKE.BMNJ - run MAKE.BMNJ again. Otherwise, please tell me where you
> MAKE.BMNJ - put it.
> -n MAKE.BMNJ - Full path to cvs: :

Most users want to install the MNJ - even if you are installing 31DEC08
you can expect there to be a dozen or so changes over the next year.
With a binary installation, the only way to get those changes is with
the MNJ.  This does mean that you should install cvs on your computer.
It is readily available for Macs.  If you really do not want to do this,
just hit Enter at the above question and install.pl will go on after
warning that the MNJ will not be correct.