[daip] POSSM: BP tables & SOURCE= ''

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 13 07:45:54 EDT 2008

Dear Daip,
   in writing up a recipe for spectral line data reduction last week, I
noticed that 31DEC08 POSSM with APARM(8)=2 (to plot the BP table) and
SOURCE=''(or SOURCE='*') runs successfully...but produces no plots.  I tried
a variety of other inputs for the rest of the variables -- e.g., nplot,
solint, etc. -- with the same result.  It would be nice if POSSM would
interpret source='' as "all sources" rather than (apparently) "no sources."
I'm usually interested in seeing what the BP table looks like, regardless of
which source was used in its derivation, and had hoped that SOLINT= -1
sould suffice to plot every BP entry separately (while SOLINT= 0 would
average over all of them).  Admittedly I could simply step through the
sources in the BP table but it would be nice to be able to do that
automatically.

   Thanks --

             Michael