[daip] VLANT and multiple FREQIDs

Michael Rupen mrupen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 13 07:09:31 EDT 2008

Dear Daip,

   VLANT is a very useful program, but rather painful to use if you have
more than one FREQID.  Running 31DEC08 on phecda, I noticed that FREQID
is an input, and found that FREQID=-1 was reset to FREQID=1.  In my case
I had three FREQIDs, so to correct all three I had to run VLANT three times.
While this successfully updated the CL table for all three FREQIDs, it also
updated the AN table three times, making the final AN positions worse than
they were to begin with.  Of course I can get around this by saving a copy
of the original AN table and copying that back before the last run of VLANT,
but that seems unnecessarily messy.  Normally I would think one would want
VLANT to apply to *all* FREQIDs, so perhaps VLANT could be modified to
interpret FREQID= -1 to mean "apply to all FREQIDs", and make that the
default.

   Cheers,

                Michael