[daip] User number query

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Thu Nov 27 17:08:03 EST 2008

Adam Deller wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> The atlod tarfile is attached.  The instructions:
>
> Create a fake libate.a by compiling a library out of the following
> code and calling it libate.a:
>
>       SUBROUTINE EPHMRS (RP_UTCMTAI, RP_C, RP_DJMREFP, RP_DJMREFT,
>      *        XYUT, NXYUT, CPOS, NCPOS, SU_RA, SU_DEC,
>      *        EPOCH, PR, PD, APLX, RVEL, DPLX0, NANT, PV, GOAD, PLATE,
>      *        EPOCRD, RP_PRESSURE, RP_TEMP, RP_HUMID, TLAPSE, TRPAUS,
>      *        AXIS_OFFSET, PHREF, TAI, INTGRN, RP_DEFEAT, RAP, DAP,
>      *        TE, DELAY, DEL1D,  DEL2D, VEL, B, PARLCT, SW, SW1D)
>         write(*,*) 'CALL to libate!!!'
>         stop 1
>       return
>       end
>
> That is the only function that atlod uses from libate and it should
> never be called with modern data, so the whole libate library (which
> links to slalib, which is really hard to find) is not really
> necessary, hence this hack.  Then to compile atlod:
>
> * source the usual AIPS login script
> * Untar the atlod tarfile
> * $CDTST
> * change to the newly unpacked atlod directory
> * sh atlod.copyfiles
> * sh atlod.build
>
> I was trying to install atlod locally so I skipped the copyfiles step
> and was going through the build script one step at a time but fell
> over because I couldn't figure out how to change the fortran compiler
> for AIPS.

I have build ATLOD in directorys below the $ONLINE location.  If you set
VERSION='ONLINE' you should be able to run ATLOD.  I have no idea
whether it will actually do the right thing.  To avoid tossing it in on
top of the standard AIPS I had to change the code to use a local include
file and make a new LIBS file listing all subroutines.  That did seem to
link correctly so good luck.