[daip] DATAIN adverb in AIPS

Cormac Purcell Cormac.Purcell at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 16:52:04 EST 2008

Hi Eric

Judging by the tone of your email, I have offended you. Please be
assured absolutely no offence was intended! It was not meant as a
personal criticism, but as an expression of frustration. Of course I
understand the position you are coming from and realise that those of us
who run AIPS via Parseltongue or ObitTalk are in the minority. However,
we are a significant and growing minority.

As regards the 48 character limit, ObitTalk previously allowed the user
to pass longer strings into the adverb. As ObitTalk determines how to
interface with an AIPS task from the help file I suspect that a change
here is responsible. In any case, it  was easy enough to work around in
my script.

So, please accept my apologies. Once again, no offence or criticism
intented.

Best regards,

Cormac

Cormac Purcell               www.jodrellbank.manchester.ac.uk/~cpurcell
Alan Turing Building,        Tel (direct):          +44 (0)161 27 54145
University of Manchester,    Fax:                   +44 (0)161 27 54247
Oxford Road,                 Mob:                   +44 (0)79  26273224
Manchester M13 9PL, UK.      E-mail:    Cormac.Purcell at manchester.ac.uk