[daip] DATAIN adverb in AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Nov 17 13:54:21 EST 2008

Cormac Purcell wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> I've just run the mnj on my binary 31DEC08 version and managed to break
> my ObitTalk scripts. Some of the adverb names have changed (grr!) e.g.,
> from INFILE to DATAIN, which would be easy to compensate for.
> Unfortunately, when running FITLD the task now enforces the 48 character
> limit on the file name, which it did not before. Is there any chance
> that you could expand this to a larger value? In my scripts I pass in a
> string containing the full path +file name, which in some cases is up to
> 200 characters long.

I take no responsibility for software written by others that do not
consult and make agreements with me.  I will change things like this as
I see fit in consideration of the best for aips general users.

In particular, the names had much too much conflict so I broadened the
name space to avoid nasty things like print files appended to FITS files
and so forth.

FITLD did not change one iota with this change - only the help file.
The 48-character limit has been and is still present.