[daip] AG776: Question about error messages in FILLM

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Mar 3 15:27:30 EST 2008

Ciriaco Goddi writes:

 > I checked the TY and I actually found out that whereas all other
 > frequencies had values of sensitivity ~0.5-1 K, the IF2 shows much higher
 > values, from ~3K in some antennas and polarization to completely crazy
 > values in some others (GK!). So, the problem is not (only) that of antenna
 > 8 . Do you think that the online system flagged all data from IF2, based
 > on the wrong Tsys values?

Quite possibly - FILLM limits its error reporting to 4 messages - to
avoid 10's of 1000's of messages otherwise.  In the Tsys column,
correct numbers are usually 0.1 to 0.5 - even 3.0 which is not "crazy"
is still indicative of something seriously wrong.

I will pass this on to people who are more current with the VLA but I
would guess that you are out of luck at this frequency.  NOte that you
can load data with FILLM in correlation coefficients (CPARM(2)=2048).
 This will not flag for bad nominal sensitivity and will let you
examine those data to see if they are obviously defective.  TYAPL in
31DEC08 will allow the application of nominal sensitivities after the
fact.