[daip] AIPS version question for you Re: AIPS without rsync? (fwd)

Susan Neff Susan.G.Neff at nasa.gov
Mon Jan 14 14:10:38 EST 2008

Eric Greisen wrote:
> Susan Neff writes:
>
>  > I think I got the 31Dec07 version installed on the laptop (I did the binary
>  > installation for the faster performance promised by your compilers
>  > (although
>  > it isn't seeing my existing data areas ("disks") or the printers yet.
>  > Can't we
>  > just copy that to my BigMac?  It starts up okay, and the TV works (usually
>  > the part that causes the biggest headaches!).
>
>      Macs are not all the same - there are Intel and PPC Macs which
> use entirely different load modules and data areas (the byte order is
> opposite for the 2).  I suspect that you have this issue.

The laptop is a bit more than 3 years old (Powerbook G4) and the G4 is
2.5 years
old  (PowerMac G5), so I think they're both PPC - I don't think they
started with
the Intel chips until a while after I got these.  I want to upgrade one
or both, but
I'm waiting to see what Mac is coming out with this year (flash memory
laptop?)

Hope things are well with you - Happy 2008!

-s-