[daip] BL111E FITS archive

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Dec 17 15:23:36 EST 2008

Yuri Y. Kovalev wrote:
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I find AIPSFITS files for the experiment BL111 in the NRAO archive only
> since August 2003. BL111 experiments in the time frame May 2002 -- June
> 2003 have no AIPSFITS files in the NRAO archive.
> I wonder if AIPSFITS files could be generated and put into the archive?
>
> I specifically wonder about BL111E.
> I need to re-process it because of an ongoing project and I fail to
> upload the FITS-IDI files for BL111E correctly into AIPS. I tried
> several versions of AIPS with the same result -- FITLD or vlbaload end
> up with three separate AIPS UV datasets which do not merge together.

The archive is made with the same programs that you have used - namely
FITLD and the other VLBA scripts.  I doubt that we will get a different
result than you do running the same programs unless they are broken of
course.

Instead we need to look at why FITLD makes 3 separate data sets and why
they will not merge together.  My suspicion is that they are different
and perhaps not what you think was intended for the observation.