[daip] [Fwd: scimg question]

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Oct 1 10:58:22 EDT 2007

Hanno Spreeuw writes:
 > Sorry, please disregard my question (below), I mistakenly assumed that
 > SCIMG would make image cubes when run on spectral line data, that is not
 > the case. It makes images, not image cubes.
 > So does SCIMG use the first channel only?

       No - it uses all channels and IFs gridded in the proper
locations in the uv-plane.  The remark in the help file that you
mention is not intended to mean "add up all the channels" - it is
intended to mean, include only channels having the same signal (i.e. a
continuum) but omit any channels with additional spectral-line
signals.  A single gain is found which applies to all channels - it is
hard to tell from the OOP code exactly what all is happeneing.  There
should be messages that will give clues and the final SN table will
tell you whether there is IF-dependent gains or not.  I expect that
the gains will be different for the different IFs.

Eric Greisen