[daip] Problem with JMFIT (zero level is not correct for CTYPE=2)

Michael Bietenholz mbieten at yorku.ca
Mon Oct 1 05:52:26 EDT 2007

I think there is a problem with JMFIT (31 DEC07 Sep 3; sorry if this has
already been fixed).

JMFIT returns the wrong value for the fit zero level (CTYPE 2) - its too high

It gets a different value than IMFIT and also (for a CTYPE 2, NGAUS 1
fit) MSTAT does (the least-squares zero-level should be the same as
the mean).  I think JMFIT's zero level is actually the (zero level +
rms) which is a bit odd.

The zero-levels returned by IMFIT seems more reasonable and agrees with
the mean levels found by IMSTAT.

              michael b