[daip] Bug in ALIGN (of images) within KNTR and COMB?

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 9 15:32:05 EST 2007

I have attempted to reproduce your problem with alignment.
Unfortunately your cell size is so small that the IMHEADER listings
are not very accurate for the reference values.  When I reproduced
your headers (on 2 copies of the same image) and did DOALIGN=1 the
offsets between one image an the other were almost exactly an integer
number of pixels (in (x,y) (120,32)) and KNTR plotted the contours and
grey separated by exactly this as it should.  Very slightly different
RA or Dec - which would give the same IMHEADER display - could have had
the pixel alignment not be on integer pixels and the tasks would
complain bitterly.  OHGEO/HGEOM is the real way around this issue.

Thanks,