[daip] DCONV (fwd)

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 2 11:06:07 EDT 2007

Magdolna.Todorovic at manchester.ac.uk writes:

 > Thanks Eric for fixing the bug and Anita for reporting it. Yes, it would
 > be very useful to have the patch at least on Sparrow. Ant, Bob, maybe
 > from Tuesday please if this requires rebooting? I am teaching  in
 > Manchester on Tuesday and will not use AIPS on that day.

Assuming that you are running 31DEC07, the MNJ is a simple script that
can be run by hand from the account that installed AIPS.  No reboot or
anything of the sort is required.  Sometimes the aips program changes
so you have to exit and restart it (or sometimes it "bus error"s away
from you).  The script is named do_daily.<hostname> and is in $HOME
of the account that installed aips.

It is not a big deal - some sites run it every morning on a cron job.