[daip] Other Question

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Fri Nov 2 10:19:51 EDT 2007

Iran Edith Montes Gonzalez writes:
 > Hi, It´s me Iran,
 >
 > When I run the do_daily.leo this are the lines that it comes back to me:
 >
 > AIPSUPD - cd /home/aipsmngr/AIPS/31DEC07/LINUX/UPDATE
 > AIPSUPD - RunTime is 20071101.180429
 > AIPSUPD - LogFile is
 > /home/aipsmngr/AIPS/31DEC07/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20071101.180429.LOG
 > AIPSUPD - ErrorFile is
 > /home/aipsmngr/AIPS/31DEC07/LINUX/UPDATE/UPD20071101.180429.ERR
 > AIPSUPD - Using CVS for copying files.
 > AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
 > UPDCVS - no $HOME/.cvspass; cvs should be primed with
 > UPDCVS - a command like so:
 > UPDCVS - /usr/bin/cvs -d
 > :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login
 > UPDCVS - This should have been done by MAKE.MNJ.
 > AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1
 >

 > I did review where was the CVS directory and it is under
 > /home/aipsmngr/AIPS/31DEC07/ I don´t know if that´s the problem.

There are many directories named CVS - one for each of the
cvs-controlled directories.  These are not relevant to your problem.

Are you running the MNJ in a different login than you used when you
installed AIPS?  What directory contains do_daily.leo?  That directory
is normally $HOME for the login (although it does not have to be).
But there must be a .cvspass file in the $HOME directory.  It should
have been created by MAKE.MNJ or MAKE.BMNJ (for binary installs).  But
you can create it by using the command that the error text suggests:

pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login

It will prompt for a password - simply hit the enter key.