[daip] AIPS help needed

Xi Chen xchen at astro.UCLA.EDU
Mon Mar 19 16:29:23 EDT 2007

Hello,

My name's Xi Chen and I am a graduate student at UCLA. I am currently
trying to use AIPS to reduce some of my VLA data. It's simply a X-band
snapshot on 2 sources. I use 3c147 as my flux calibrator, and task
'SETJY' has no problem to give the intensity of 3c147. And then after
running "VLACALIB", I tried to run "GETJY" to calibrate my phase
calibrator "0336+323'. For some reason, I kept getting error message
like this:

starry> GETJY1: Task GETJY  (release of 31DEC07) begins
starry> GETJY1:    Source:Qual      CALCODE IF  Flux (Jy)
starry> GETJY1: 0336+323        :  0   A     1     .00000 +/-  -1.00000
starry> GETJY1:                              2     .00000 +/-  -1.00000
starry> GETJY1: WARNING: All requested fluxes were NOT determined.
starry> GETJY1: Appears to have ended successfully

My input parameters for GETJY are:

AIPS 1: GETJY     Task to determine source flux densities.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     '20061205'              Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'X BAND'                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        1                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    '0336+323'              Source list to find fluxes
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: SOUCODE    ' '                     Source "Cal codes"
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    '0542+498'              Cal sources for calibration
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    ' '                     Calibrator code '    '=>all
AIPS 1: BIF           1                    Lowest IF number 0=1
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number
AIPS 1: TIMERANG   *all 0                  Time range of solutions.
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS   *all 0                  Antennas to use
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>all
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID        1                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: SNVER         0                    Input SN table, 0=>all.

I really cannot see any problem from it. So I am wondering whether you
can help to figure out the problem. Thank you so much!!!

Best,
Xi
--
Xi Chen