[daip] (no subject)

Adam J. Mott adam.mott at asu.edu
Mon Jun 11 23:24:01 EDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install AIPS on my Intel-based Mac.  I know from the
special Mac installation instructions that I'm supposed to install
specific versions of C and Fortran compilers before doing this.  But
I decided to be an egghead and see how the install works with the
compilers I already have.

On screen 10 I set the Fortran compiler and linker to be
    /usr/local/bin/g77
But I kept getting errors like
    /Users/adam/aips/31DEC07/SYSTEM/UNIX/FC: line 490: /sw/bin/g77:
No such file or directory

I wonder why the build process thinks my Fortran compiler is /sw/bin/
g77 when I had specified /usr/local/bin/g77.  Also, I disabled the
line in my .cshrc file that includes /sw/bin (Fink packages) in my
path to begin with, so I have no idea why this is happening.

I think I'm going to give up on compiling and just do the binary
installation...

Adam