[daip] UVFLG suggestion

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Wed Jan 24 12:09:40 EST 2007

Jim Ulvestad writes:

 > May not be so easy, but it would be really nice if UVFLG
 > (and even QUACK) had the following options for antennas
 > and baselines, given a particular time range, IFs, etc.
 >
 > (1) Flag all EVLA-EVLA baselines
 > (2) Flag all EVLA-VLA baselines
 > (3) Flag all VLA-VLA baselines
 > (4) Flag any of the combinations of the above
 > (i.e., 1 and 2, but not 3, or 1 and 3, but not 2, etc.)
 >
 > Don't know if this is easy or difficult, but I suspect
 > there are a lot of people who would (or will in the future)
 > like to have this capability.

I have created 4 verbs VLA, EVLA, VLBA, HSA which place the
appropriate list of antenna numbers on a POPS stack.  They all take
the DOINVERS adverb so all can also do NOTVLA, NOTEVLA, etc.  Thus
ANTENNAS = VLA; BASELINE = EVLA should do 2 above if DOINV=-1.
Note that the = sign is required.  The grammar hole that allows it to
be omitted is foiled by the verb nature of the new verbs.  This
solution lets you use the concept wherever it might be useful.