[daip] problem with AIPS installation Macbook Pro (Intel Mac)

Goran Sandell gsandell at mail.arc.nasa.gov
Fri Feb 23 13:58:35 EST 2007

   Hi,

   I have had AIPS successfully running on my Mac PPC, but a week ago
I upgraded to a Mac Book Pro, i.e. an Intel Mac.

   I installed the binary version following the instructions and
everything seemed to install correctly.
But, when I tried to start the tv I ran into problems. It does not work.

    I am running Mac OS X, version 10.4.8. I have tried to start up
by just typing aips, or aips tv=local,
or as in the example below aips tv=local:0 tpok

     This is what I get:

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called localhost
START_AIPS:  - but have chosen to run the TV locally on LOCALHOST
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on localhost asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - WITH Unix Sockets (new instance) as requested...
START_AIPS: Assuming TPMON daemons are running or not used (you said
TPOK)
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
UNIXSERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSRV1 on localhost
AIPS 1: You are not on a local TV device, welcome stranger
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   2
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   2
ZMSGOP: FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;      NOT FOUND
MSGWRT ERROR      2 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Unix (local) domain
?UNIXSERVERS: Start XAS1 on localhost, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1430 800, max grey level 255
Shared memory id failure: Invalid argument
UNIXSERVERS: Start graphics server TKSRV1 on localhost, display :0.0
UNIXSERVERS: Start message server MSSRV1 on localhost, display :0.0

     The message server comes up ok, but no tek sever, nor tv.

         Any ideas of what went wrong?

                Thanks,

                        Göran