[daip] SPLIT aborts after OOSUB

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Mon Aug 13 10:35:40 EDT 2007

Huib Intema writes:

 > UVSUB to add a source model back to the UV data
 > CALIB to obtain an SN table for this source
 > IMAGR to image and clean the source with the SN table applied
 > SPLIT to apply the SN table to the UV data
 > UVSUB to subtract the new source model from the UV data
 > CLINV to invert the SN table
 > SPLIT to apply the inverted SN table to restore the original calibration
 >
 > This works fine. I became aware of the new task OOSUB and used it to
 > replace UVSUB in the sequence above. This causes the call to SPLIT at
 > the end of the sequence to abort:
 >
 > SPLIT2: Task SPLIT  (release of 31DEC07) begins
 > SPLIT2: You are using a non-standard program
 > SPLIT2: Doing subarray  1
 > SPLIT2: Create 0900+398_R  .SUB   .   5 (UV)  on disk  7  cno  553
 > SPLIT2: Applying SN Table version     1
 > SPLIT2: ZABORS: signal 11 received
 > SPLIT2: ABORT!
 >
 > Any idea what's going on here?

Simply, no.  Did you invoke any of the special options of OOSUB - it
will do frequency dependent visibility subtractions/divisions?
Otherwise it should be the same as UVSUB.  From this I cannot even
tell whether say the SN table has troubles or the UV data.  Signal 11
is an addressing exception ("segmentation") but for what I cannot
tell.  If you could make the UV data file available I might be able to
tell but the FITS writer/reader might mask the problem anyway.