[daip] SPLIT aborts after OOSUB

Huib Intema intema at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Aug 3 06:15:57 EDT 2007

Dear Eric,

I'm using AIPS to peel sources, which involves multiple executions of
the following call sequence:

UVSUB to add a source model back to the UV data
CALIB to obtain an SN table for this source
IMAGR to image and clean the source with the SN table applied
SPLIT to apply the SN table to the UV data
UVSUB to subtract the new source model from the UV data
CLINV to invert the SN table
SPLIT to apply the inverted SN table to restore the original calibration

This works fine. I became aware of the new task OOSUB and used it to
replace UVSUB in the sequence above. This causes the call to SPLIT at
the end of the sequence to abort:

SPLIT2: Task SPLIT  (release of 31DEC07) begins
SPLIT2: You are using a non-standard program
SPLIT2: Doing subarray  1
SPLIT2: Create 0900+398_R  .SUB   .   5 (UV)  on disk  7  cno  553
SPLIT2: Applying SN Table version     1
SPLIT2: ZABORS: signal 11 received
SPLIT2: ABORT!

Any idea what's going on here?