[daip] Help

spaul at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de spaul at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 7 11:42:30 EDT 2007

Hello,
      I have installed AIPS 31DEC07. It was installed successfully in an
AMD athlon 64 workstation.but when I tried to START_AIPS its giving
the messege below and quieting. Can please tell me about some
solution of this problem?

spaul at wast066:~> START_AIPS

You have a choice of 2 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [     PS] (no description supplied by installer)
     2. [PS-CMYK] (no description supplied by installer)

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]: 1
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the (no description supplied by
install
er)
START_AIPS:  - system name lp1, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /home/spaul/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/spaul/AIPS/DATA/WAST066_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called wast066
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on wast066 asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on WAST066 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
AIPS 1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
AIPS 1: ABORT!
Illegal instruction
spaul at wast066:~> XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on wast066
XASERVERS: Start XAS on wast066, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on wast066, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on wast066, DISPLAY :0
TVSERVER: could not get ssslock service by name: Invalid argument
TVSERVER: Check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map
XAS: sssin is not a service
XAS: Check /etc/services or YP/NIS services map
zssslk: tcp/ssslock NOT A SERVICE
XAS: Quitting NOW.
STARTPMON: [WAST066] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!
spaul at wast066:~>