[daip] Help

spaul at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de spaul at physik.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 7 11:44:20 EDT 2007

Hello,
      I have installed AIPS 31DEC07. It was installed successfully in an
AMD athlon 64 workstation.but when I tried to START_AIPS its giving the
messege below and quieting. Can please tell me about some
solution of this problem?
      thanks in advance.
cheers
Surajit Paul
Institute of theoretical physics and astrophysics
University of Wuerzburg
Germany

spaul at wast066:~> START_AIPS

You have a choice of 2 printers.  These are:

    No. [ type  ] Description
     1. [     PS] (no description supplied by installer)
     2. [PS-CMYK] (no description supplied by installer)

START_AIPS: Enter your choice, or the word QUIT [default is 1]: 1
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the (no description supplied by
install
er)
START_AIPS:  - system name lp1, AIPS type PS

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file /home/spaul/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST for DADEVS.PL)
   Disk 1 (1) is /home/spaul/AIPS/DATA/WAST066_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called wast066
START_AIPS: Starting TV servers on wast066 asynchronously
START_AIPS:  - with Internet Sockets...
START_AIPS: Starting TPMON daemons on WAST066 asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC07 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC07) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
AIPS 1: ZABORS: signal 11 received
AIPS 1: ABORT!
Illegal instruction
spaul at wast066:~> XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on wast066
XASERVERS: Start XAS on wast066, DISPLAY :0
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on wast066, DISPLAY :0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XAS: Using screen width height 1270 924, max grey level 255
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on wast066, DISPLAY :0
TVSERVER: could not get ssslock service by name: Invalid argument
TVSERVER: Check your /etc/services or NIS/YP map
XAS: sssin is not a service
XAS: Check /etc/services or YP/NIS services map
zssslk: tcp/ssslock NOT A SERVICE
XAS: Quitting NOW.
STARTPMON: [WAST066] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!
spaul at wast066:~>