[daip] more on AVSPC

Leonia Kogan lkogan at nrao.edu
Fri Apr 20 11:39:42 EDT 2007

Gustaaf,

I have finished the test of AVSPC. I found that AVSPC does the right job
but the help file is not complete especially for ICHANSEL

I have added the following paragraph to AVSPC.HLP:

"If ICHANSEL describes averaging explicitly for some IFs, but skips the
other IFs, the the center 75% of the band is averaged for the skipped IFs.
For example:ICHANSEL=2,6,1,2 => the channels 2-6 will be averaged for
IF=2 and the center 75% of the band will be averaged for the rest IFs."

I have tested this statement using my data

During the test I did not find identity at the case of your four group

 > ICHANSEL=2,6,1,1
 > ICHANSEL=2,6,1,1,2,6,1,2
 > ICHANSEL=2,6,1,2
 > ICHANSEL=2,6,1,2,2,6,1,2

Instead, I got:

group1: 2-6 are averaged for IF=1, 75% are averaged for the rest IFs
group3: 2-6 are averaged for IF=2, 75% are averaged for the rest IFs

So IF=1 (for example) got 2-6 averaging for group 1, and 75% averaging
for group 2
I think the identity is a feature of your input data.

Send me please the IMH of your data for the beginning.

Leonia