[daip] more on AVSPC

Gustaaf van Moorsel gvanmoor at nrao.edu
Thu Apr 19 17:34:09 EDT 2007

Leonia Kogan wrote:

> What about the input parameter AVOPTION.
> Is not it by chance AVOPTION = 'SUBS'?

No, AVOPTION = ''

> No AVSPC does not ignore the IF part of ICHANSEL.
> Instead ICHANSEL(4,1) = 0 means all IFs
> See help ICHANNSEL

Yes, I am aware of that.  My question is why do ICHANSEL=2,6,1,1
and ICHANSEL=2,6,1,2 give the same results, namely both IFs?  I
would have expected just IF 1 in the first case, and just IF 2
in the second case.

In other words, it does not seem to matter what value I put in
ICHANSEL(4,1) - it uses both IFs regardless.

Gustaaf