[daip] Problems opening an xgterm for TKSERV under AIPS 31DEC07

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 10 13:29:38 EDT 2007

Miguel Angel Perez-Torres writes:

 > The thing is that the "xterm" I used to have didn't render labels and
 > text in the plots

     One would think such things should work, but...

 > setenv AIPS_TEK_EMULATOR xgterm
 >

 > "xgterm: Can't execvp setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH  ;/Users/maptorres/aips/
 > 31DEC07/MACPPC/LOAD/TEKSRV.EXE"

I suspect that it cannot handle the compound instruction.  That
instruction attempts to avoid the requirement that you reference the
$AIPS_ROOT/LOGIN.CSH file in your .tcshrc (or other startup file).

cp $SYSUNIX/{UNIX,XA}SERVERS $SYSLOCAL

Then edit in each the line that starts TEKSRV

        *csh)
          ($AIPS_TEK_EMULATOR -display $DISPLAY \
            $AIPS_TEK_NAME_FLAG $AIPS_TEK_EXE_FLAG \
            "setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH $LD_LIBRARY_PATH ;$LOAD/TEKSRV.EXE" &) ;;

removing the setenv command.  You may even have to remove the "'s.

Again - the xgterm should accept a compound command like this,
but....