[daip] fillm complaint

Eric Greisen egreisen at nrao.edu
Tue Apr 10 16:19:06 EDT 2007

Katie Devine writes:

 > What does the following error message mean?  FILLM is giving me this
 > complaint for several of my data files from this February/March:
 >
 > FILLM1: CHKORR: ANT 26 CORR 1 DISAGREES WITH FIRST
 > FILLM1: CHKORR: ANT 26 CORR 2 DISAGREES WITH FIRST
 > FILLM1: CHKORR: ANT 26 CORR 3 DISAGREES WITH FIRST
 > FILLM1: CHKORR: ANT 26 CORR 4 DISAGREES WITH FIRST
 > FILLM1: *************************************************
 > FILLM1: CHKORR:  4 CORR OF 108 DISAGREE ON SCALING OF DATA
 > FILLM1: *************************************************

The program is prepared to scale all of the vis by the nominal
sensitivity (required when the non-ModComp control program is used)
and so is checking a bit in the data that Sowinski has a strange
attitude toward.  For a period of time, certain antennas at certain
bands, had this bit set to imply that the data were not scaled by the
nominal sensitivity.  However, what this means in the ModComp written
data is that the data from that antennas were scaled by an assumed
nominal sensitivity rather than a measured one.  If you use ANBPL to
look at the weights, you will find that antenna 26 has a weight that
does not vary with time (before calibration) while all others reflect
time, source position, etc changes.  This does mean that the gains
will be more changable on antenna 26 than on the others, but it should
all come out in the wash after CALIB.

We got all antennas made the same after Claire noticed this problem.