[daip] Recreation of a catalog in AIPS

Ciriaco Goddi cgoddi at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 10 11:33:54 EDT 2007

Dear all,

Yesterday my machine stalled while IMAGR was running (the problem was not
AIPS) and it didn't respond to keyboard commands
and was unreachable from other machines.
So, I reboot it "uncleanly" directly pushing the start button. After
rebooting, AIPS still worked, but in
the line command bad error messages appeared:

 ZMSGDK: OPER = READ LUN = 12 NREC =   163896
 ZFI2: REQUEST FOR BYTES 167828481 THRU = 167829504 BEYOND EOF = 167827456
 ZMSGER: IN ZFI2 ERRNO = 22 (Invalid argument)
MSGWRT ERROR      3 AT WRIT

To rid of the messages (they appeared in correspondence of each line of
the aips messages), apart other things,
I (wrongly) deleted the CAD files in all the disks. I thought that
relaunching
AIPS, it would have created new CAD files, but it didn't. In similar
cases, in the past, I used to give the command RUN RECAT in the linux
shell
outside aips in the aips home, but this time it didn't work.
So, at the moment all my files are safely in their disks, but I cannot see
them inside aips.
Could you suggest me how to recreate a catolog file in an aips disk??
Do I have to worry about the error messages and do
 you have any idea (apart re-compiling aips) to rid of them?
I would appreciate if you could help me.
Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,
Ciriaco Goddi

P.S. I'm running the 2007 version of aips

Ciriaco Goddi
Postdoc Fellowship
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Radio and Geoastronomy Division
60 Garden St.  MS 42
Cambridge, MA 02138
http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/